Monday, October 26, 2009

My Dreams

Ok, so I'm writing this from my work computer, which doesn't have the hiccups like my home computer. The grammar should be improved as a result. My album is coming in less than 24 hours. It feels strange. When the Wade Waters album dropped, I was excited and nervous. I lobbied everyone I knew personally to buy the record. Now, I am floating this piece of work out into the atmosphere. I don't even think my pops is going to buy it. I still believe God has a blessing in store for me. It's still exciting. Devin Jones is getting his start. DEllis is getting his official tribute. It is a way for me to tell people I care for them. The staff from Foundation for the People of Burma wrote me a touching letter and email. I responded that I was embarassed i could only send them a small amount of money. They reponded that that was not what mattered. It made me think that however this album does or how much it sells isn't the most important thing. It's how it effects the people it actually touches. I hope that some kid stumbles upon it, and stands tall for his/her friends, community, or someone he/she doesn't even know. I hope straight kids listen to this and want to stand tall for gay kids. That the next good leader of Burma is a young person whose community is being served by Foundation for the people of Burma. He may never hear the album or understand it, but would be affected by it indirectly. i pray that the first female president of the US is some intern on the hill who workes for the DC Rape Crisis Center hotlines in her sparetime. Again, she's probably got Drake in her iPod, but will be indirectly affected by the resources made available by the sales of this record.. I hope someone purchases the album in order to make my hopes, prayers, and dreams come true.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I know at least one future President is going to be listening to your album with his dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww. i'm so moved you chose FPB. that's wassup for real.

    can't wait to hear it!

    -sim1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited about this album, I'm sure it's great! But where can I buy it? (I live in Poland and here I definitely won't get it;) could You tell me if there's a way to find it? or maybe I could buy it directly from You? Peace, much respect man. Martin

    ReplyDelete