Friday, July 10, 2009

My first Blog entry

Sorry for the lame title, generic title. I figured I should start blogging. I mean everyone is doing it, and it will hopefully keep me from perusing the internet for less-than-family friendly material. (idle hands... you know.) So, for the past three years people have been asking when is your solo album dropping and for the past three years I have answered "soon!" Now the question has changed to "yo cuz, still rapping?" Well, the answers to those questions is yes and sort of. My album and another Wade Waters project are coming soon. October 27 will mark the release of Standing Tall: A Life Changing Experience, my debut album. I encourage everyone to buy it, since 10% of THE PROCEEDS WILL GO TO THE DC RAPE CRISIS CENTER! I can't stress that enough. It's time the good guys win in hip-hop. There is too much thoughtlessness in hip-hop. For example mister "it ain't about race now" Game (Hey Game tell that to Sean Bell's kids. Or maybe to those kids in Philly how were not allowed to swim at a pool and asked their camp counselor "is it because I'm too dark") having a crowd full of white Europeans call Jay-Z an "old ass Nigger." Yup, I said nigger with the ER because that's how they thought of it. It was in Spain, where they throw bananas on the soccer field at Black players. The Game should have thought of this, or maybe he doesn't give a f%$k about other Black people, which is fair, alot of people don't. Or the "Bawsss" Rick Ross. He deserves his own blog entry, so i wont get started on that. Don't get me wrong, I love me some 'ignant rap.' Like most of use late twenty's/early thirty-something cats, I came up on NWA, Fat Joe Da Gangsta, G Rap, E-40, Face Mob. To be honest, if you ask me who I rather listen to between Lupe and Scarface, I going Face Mob all day long!!!! Yet there has to be some space for cats like Haysoos, Soulstice, Lupe, Common, Mental, QTip etc. There is certainly some sex and punching punk-ass-cats-in-the-face rhymes on the album, but the album also addresses issues that many haven't hit on yet in hip-hop. (cant spoil the surprise) Anyway, back to grading papers. hazmatic and I'm gone....

1 comment:

  1. Great blog my man.

    Been a fan of you since the last Wade Waters album came out and I'm glad to know you got a solo joint about to drop!

    One question - please say "Listen Up" is going to be on the album?! You killed that joint!

    Anyway you have my support!

    K.I.N.E.T.I.K.

    ReplyDelete